You’ve probably realized that colder temperatures can cause you to use more energy, but winter energy bills can still come as a surprise. It’s easy to forget that heating systems are working harder and using more energy to keep you warm when outside temperatures dip below freezing. Here are several ways to avoid surprises and take control of your energy bill as the temperature drops this winter.
- Register for My Account. Our web-based interactive tool gives you a detailed analysis of your personal electric use and offers ways to save money and energy.
- Sign up for Budget Billing. There are no surprises when your bill is the same amount every month! Budget Billing averages your payments over a 12-month period to help you manage your monthly bill and avoid seasonal peaks. Because you’ll know your regular payment amount, it will be easier to stay within your budget—even during the coldest months.
- Find tips for saving. Simple adjustments around the home add up and can make a difference each month. Follow these simple tips to help you save money and energy throughout your home.
- Ask about Flexible Payment Arrangements. If you’re having difficulty keeping up with your energy payments, we offer individually tailored payment installment plans. Call us at 202-833-7500 before your bill becomes unmanageable.
- Apply for energy assistance. If you’re struggling to pay your energy bill, state and local programs may be able to help you. The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program, or LIHEAP, provides customers with up to $1,000 in grant support, with no pay back required. Visit pepco.com/energyassistance for more information.
We understand that winter energy costs can be a challenge. If you’re having difficulty making a payment, call us at 202-833-7500. We’re always here to help.