At Delmarva Power, we value the environment and work to reduce our impact with future generations in mind. That’s why during Earth Month our employees are acting on our commitment to the environment and are giving back, recycling, and volunteering in their local communities.
How Delmarva Power is giving back:
- Recycling. Last year, we collectively recycled more than 22,000 tons of waste including batteries, biodiesel, scrap metals, wood poles, electronics, and more.
- Free trees. In partnership with the Arbor Day Foundation, we offered more than 1,150 free trees to our residential customers. Once fully mature, these trees can help conserve energy and reduce household electricity bills.
- Volunteering. Our employees and their families spent a Saturday morning cleaning up the shores of the Christiana River at Fox Point Park in Wilmington, Del. More than a dozen bags of litter were collected.
How our customers are giving back:
- Solar power. More than 8,200 Delmarva Power customers operate solar energy devices, which helps avoid more than 61,000 tons of carbon dioxide equivalent greenhouse gas emissions each year.
- Do you live in our Maryland service area? You can enhance our commitment to the environment by recycling old refrigerators and freezers and receive $50 from us! Recycle a dehumidifier or working room air conditioner at the same time and get an additional $25. We will pick-up and dispose of these appliances at no cost to you.
We hope you will join us in giving back to our planet this April, and every other month.